Buckworth parish covers an area of 2,023 acres of clay land, most of
which is arable. The principal farms are Fuller's Lodge, Park Lodge,
Brook Lodge, Black Lodge and Holly Lodge. The ground rises from a
stream which forms the north-east boundary of the parish, where it
is about 75 ft. above Ordnance datum, in a south-westerly direction
towards Barham, where, on the boundary, it reaches 190 ft. The
village is on the slope of the hill facing northeast and lies along
the by-road from Alconbury Weston to
Barham. The church is in the
middle of the village and clustered round it are the Manor House to
the east and the rectory and school to the west.
The Buckworth Brickworks are near the eastern border of the parish. The nearest railway station used to be at Abbots Ripton and now one has to go to the main line station at Huntingdon.
Place-names in the parish include Stone Hill, Bury Leys, Trouds Wall (Walk) and the Mill Wall (Walk) in 1712, and Great Hall Yard, Town Walk and Mount Pleasant in 1745.
Victoria County History: Huntingdonshire ~ Printed 1932